by a less-than-popular Christian Blogger
1. Upload a picture of yourself drinking a cup of coffee.
2. Watch Stephen Colbert.
3. Make some sort of reference to Rachel Held Evans.
4. Talk about your past (naive) connections with cheesy Christian culture.
5. Come up with witty criticisms of cheesy Christian culture.
6. Occasionally offer an all-out-lament of cheesy Christian culture.
7. Make the jump from a semi-anonymous persona (which you probably kept up because you didn’t want to offend anyone you knew personally) to displaying your name and face unapologetically.
8. Talk about women.
9. Talk about Mark Driscoll.
10. Talk about women and Mark Driscoll.
11. Hint at, or make an entire blog based upon, the church’s complicated relationship with patriotism.
12. Speak authoritatively about the blogging process.
13. Make lists.
14. Make lists where you speak authoritatively about the blogging process.
- “25 Christian Blogs You Should Be Reading” (Matthew Paul Turner)
- “You Might Be An Evangelical Reject If…” (Kurt Willems – Pangea Blog)
Latest posts by Allen Marshall O'Brien (see all)
- Contemplative Meanderings 2: Beauty in being - 19 January 2018
- Sermon on the other side of the mount - 8 January 2018
- Contemplative Meanderings 1: Knowledge like a river - 5 January 2018