1. Darren Aronofsky’s Noah.
2. Hobby Lobby’s insurance requirements.
4. Gay people.
5. World Vision’s decision to hire gay people.
6. Marijuana legalization.
“Eat whatever is sold in the meat market… ‘for the earth and its fullness are the Lord’s’… why should I be denounced because of that for which I give thanks? So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.” “Except marijuana. That stuff is a no-no” (1 Corinthians 10).
8. No prayer in schools.
These totally existent school policies prevent students from praying quietly to themselves and during their free-time on campus; they also make God wait for his after school prayers, and you know how impatient he gets.
9. Neil Degrasse Tyson’s reboot of Cosmos.
10. The War on Christmas.
And since this list is definitive, feel free to point out any other contemporary battles over the fate of our great religion… just don’t include imaginary things like wealth inequality.
Latest posts by Allen Marshall O'Brien (see all)
- Sermon on the other side of the mount - 8 January 2018
- Contemplative Meanderings 1: Knowledge like a river - 5 January 2018
- Abra la puerta, that fresh new wind is blowing - 17 November 2017